Lighting Retrofits — *Enhanced 2½ Day Course
Feb 17-19, 2015
May 12-14, 2015
Jul 21-23, 2015
Sep 29-Oct 01, 2015
Cost: $550 1.0 CEU
There are many different measures for building and site energy efficiency upgrades. Improvements in lighting technology translate into quality, operational and economic benefits for occupants, maintenance personnel and owners/managers of commercial, institutional and industrial facilities. Being able to recognize retrofit opportunities and the applicable technology, compliant with energy legislation, codes, and the latest design practices, will yield energy efficient, high quality projects. Replacement lamps, retrofits and new fixture solutions will be compared for LED and non-LED technologies, along with controls, based on performance and lighting economics. Participants will learn how to use basic lighting layout and economic calculation tools for estimating light levels and analyzing and cost-justifying lighting retrofit projects. Hands-on demonstrations for the installation of retrofits in applications including downlights and troffers will enhance the learning experience.
- Understand criteria used to identify appropriate lighting options for different retrofit situations.
- Examine typical and common retrofit opportunities organized by application scenarios.
- Obtain a hands-on understanding of the mechanics of retrofitting for several common applications.
- Explore tools available to economically justify retrofits.
- Understand how to create a customized analysis based on criteria provided by the client.
- Facility managers and engineers
- Specialists for energy services companies
- Distributor and agents
Course Starting/Concluding Times
The starting and concluding times for each course may vary, but the usual starting time each day is 8:00 a.m. with the bus departing from the hotel at approximately 7:30 a.m. The daily concluding time is usually 5:00 p.m. except when evening events such as refreshments and dinners are scheduled. The exact times will be listed in your confirmation packet that you will receive three weeks prior to your course. Please verify exact times before making your airline reservations.