Lighting for Colleges and Universities
Jun 16-17, 2015
Cost: $400 1.0 CEU
Today's institutions of higher learning are facing cost pressures and are being called upon to demonstrate leadership in energy usage and environmental impact while reducing resources dedicated to lighting maintenance. At the same time, the need to maintain attractive looking and functional facilities and to ensure safety and security on the campus require the exploration of the latest technology options, including LED systems and lighting controls. This course will address lighting solutions, based on the latest IES (Illuminating Engineering Society) recommendations, for classrooms, laboratories, corridors and lobbies, gymnasiums, dormitories, and back-of-house facilities, and outdoor lighting for safety and security. Comparisons of LED systems vs. non-LED systems will be discussed. Participants will use software to analyze economic and environmental benefits of lighting upgrades. Industry guest speakers will share best practices.
- Understand the elements of quality lighting design for key interior and exterior application areas in colleges and universities.
- Understand the role of LED technology vs. non-LED solutions in meeting energy, environmental and maintenance targets.
- Evaluate the performance of lighting solutions using lighting layout tools, and cost of light and environmental impact calculators.
- Understand compliance with lighting codes related to energy, safety, and the environment.
- College and university administrators and facility managers
- Architects, consulting engineers and lighting designers
- Distributors and agents
Course Starting/Concluding Times
The starting and concluding times for each course may vary, but the usual starting time each day is 8:00 a.m. with the bus departing from the hotel at approximately 7:30 a.m. The daily concluding time is usually 5:00 p.m. except when evening events such as refreshments and dinners are scheduled. The exact times will be listed in your confirmation packet that you will receive three weeks prior to your course. Please verify exact times before making your airline reservations.