Fundamentals of Lighting
Feb 09-11, 2016
Apr 19-21, 2016
Cost: $550 1.5 CEUs
Our most popular course designed for newcomers to the lighting industry, Fundamentals of Lighting always attracts a diverse group of aspiring lighting professionals. Through lectures, full-scale lighting demonstrations and workshops, participants are taught basic lighting concepts and definitions; they learn to identify and compare major lighting solutions and where they can be used in a variety of applications; they will design basic lighting layouts, and learn how to calculate economic and environmental benefits of lighting upgrades. Specific application modules cover retail and hospitality, office and healthcare, industrial and warehouse, and outdoor area lighting.
- Understand basic lighting terms and definitions including lumens, footcandles, candelas, correlated color temperature (CCT) and other color metrics
- Learn about different lighting technologies, focusing on LED solutions, and basic lighting control strategies
- Review sustainability initiatives, and understand building energy codes and energy efficiency legislation
- Understand basic lighting economics and environmental benefit estimates.
- Understand the basic lighting design process and specific design considerations for key indoor and outdoor applications.
- New lighting specifiers and emerging professionals
Course Starting/Concluding Times
The starting and concluding times for each course may vary, but the usual starting time each day is 8:00 a.m. with the bus departing from the hotel at approximately 7:30 a.m. The daily concluding time is 5:00 p.m. on full days of the course and between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. on the last day. Please verify exact times before making your airline reservations by calling 1-800-255-1200.