LED Outdoor Lighting
Apr 07-08, 2015
Cost: $400 1.0 CEU
Outdoor lighting design is significantly and rapidly transforming. The advancement of LED technology and controls, and code introductions such as the Model Lighting Ordinance (MLO), have prompted awareness by business owners, property managers and municipalities to analyze their current lighting systems and evaluate upgrade options. Increased energy efficiency, reduced maintenance, enhanced safety and security, and control of light trespass and light pollution, are driving the adoption of LED designs. The dialog also continues on night-time vision and lighting needs, and the best way to achieve optimum visibility. This course evaluates some of the latest LED outdoor lighting solutions for area lighting, parking garages, walkways, roadways and building facades for commercial, municipal and institutional properties. Through interactive presentations and hands-on workshops, participants will learn how to evaluate today's LED solutions vs. non-LED solutions, how to prepare accurate comparative economic analyses and how to measure /evaluate light levels and distribution for common outdoor applications. Industry experts will share best practices and review some of the latest trends in design, environmental considerations, legislation, and other ordinances.
- Learn about general LED technology, and how LEDs affect outdoor luminaire design and performance.
- Understand the role of LEDs and their application in outdoor lighting designs.
- Evaluate technical information and economic analyses on conventional technologies (HID) compared to LED systems in specific outdoor applications.
- Review roadway and area lighting codes such as MLO, IES and DOE standards.
- Review technology advances and techniques in outdoor LED controls.
- Facility managers and engineers
- City managers, engineers and safety directors
- Architects, consulting engineers and lighting designers
- Distributors and agents
Course Starting/Concluding Times
The starting and concluding times for each course may vary, but the usual starting time each day is 8:00 a.m. with the bus departing from the hotel at approximately 7:30 a.m. The daily concluding time is usually 5:00 p.m. except when evening events such as refreshments and dinners are scheduled. The exact times will be listed in your confirmation packet that you will receive three weeks prior to your course. Please verify exact times before making your airline reservations.