Terms and Conditions
Information regarding the 2012 GE Edison Award competition is provided here only for reference.
Congratulations to Robert Shook, Maureen Mahr, Jennifer Curtis and Kimberley Corbett-Oates of Schuler Shook (Chicago, Illinois, USA) for winning the 2013 GE Edison Award for lighting City Performance Hall in Dallas, Texas, USA. A personalized Steuben crystal was presented by GE Lighting on June 2, 2014 in Las Vegas, USA.
The entry deadline for the 31st Annual GE Edison Awards was 21 January 2014. Thank you for your entries and your continued support of this program. Stay tuned for details regarding the 2014 GE Edison Awards. Eligible projects will be those completed between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2014, and that employ significant use of GE Lighting Products.
- The Rules and Eligibility and 31st Annual GE Edison Award Call for Entries form part of these terms and conditions. Your entry in this competition constitutes an agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and all other rules of the competition. GE reserves the right to reject entries that attempt to modify such rules in any way. This competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA.
- GE reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this competition or cancel the competition. This offer shall be invalid in any states, countries, territories or jurisdictions where it would be illegal. GE reserves the right to not make an award in one or more categories
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the judges' decision. The judging panel shall be comprised of at least one independent lighting professional and one GE representative.
- Winners of the 31st Annual Awards of Excellence, Awards of Merit, Awards for Environmental Design and Award for Residential Design shall be notified by mail, e-mail, and/or telephone on or before March 10, 2014. The 31st Annual GE Edison Award Winner, selected from among the winners of Awards of Excellence, shall be announced at a special awards ceremony the eve of LightFair International in Las Vegas, NV USA on June 2, 2014.
- The GE Edison Award Winner shall receive the 31st Annual GE Edison Award, comprising a trophy and publicity as described in the 31st Annual GE Edison Award Call for Entries, and will be required to participate in publicity on behalf of GE; entry constitutes permission to use the winners' names for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation or consent.
- Each winner must provide proof of identification upon request of GE.
- Copyright or trademark rights in entry submissions (including photographs) and rights of use of such entry submissions (including photographs) may be retained by entrants, provided, however, that entry in the competition constitutes an agreement from the entrants and photographers that GE, its successors, and assigns have a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right and license to reproduce, publish and otherwise use all entry materials, architectural images and photographs. Photographers will receive credit for their work, but will not receive any compensation for reproduction, publication or other uses of architectural images or photographs.
- GE shall not be liable for any failure whatsoever to provide the prize as a result of any force majeure or supervening circumstances.
- All entries should be submitted via our Web-based entry process. Entries submitted in any other format may be rejected.
Please refer to the full Rules and Eligibility, Entry Form (Web-based), Submitting Images and Call for Entries.