*NEW with 2015 Program*
A majority of lighting products used on projects must be GE LED Lighting Products.
Congratulations to Claudio Ramos, Hiram Banks, Erin Sudderth, Matt Landl of BANKS|RAMOS Architectural Lighting Design (San Francisco, California, USA) for winning the 2014 GE Edison Award for lighting Square Inc. Headquarters in San Francisco, California, USA. A personalized Steuben crystal was presented by GE Lighting on May 4, 2015 in New York, New York, USA.
The 2015 GE Edison Award competition, sponsored by GE Lighting, is open to those lighting professionals who creatively employ significant use of GE LED Lighting Products, including LED systems, LED luminaires, LED architectural products, LED lamps and modules, and lighting controls (“GE LED Lighting products”) in a lighting design project completed during the 2014 and 2015 calendar years (from 01 January 2014 through 31 December 2015). Deadline for submissions is 18 January 2016 by 5:00 pm EST. Also required: a GE Photography Release Form complete with required signatures, which must be received for the entry to be considered complete for judging.
Image quality is critical to the judging process. Direct digital photography by a professional, commercial photographer is not required, but would ensure high-quality images to best portray the work, especially for large-projection output and printed media. TIFF files are preferable.
- Up to ten (10) digital images of the completed installation with captions/keyed descriptions.
- Format: TIFF, PSD or JPEG (no text within image; TIFF format preferred)
- Camera Quality: 6 megapixels (minimum)
- Dimensions: Approximately 1200 x 1200 pixels (tallest or widest dimension should be at least 1200 pixels)
- Resolution: 300 dpi (minimum)
- Medium: Upload to Web-based entry site
- Naming Convention: Must be named to identify the title of the project and then also numbered to agree with the keyed description. Example: cleveland001.tif, cleveland002.tif
- Avoid photographic fill light; however, if fill light is necessary, it must be clearly stated in the captions/keyed description (#4 below).
- Images with daylighting and work that was not that of the submitting designer should also be identified clearly (see #4 below). Retouched or digitally-enhanced photographs are not allowed.
- A caption describing each image, clearly keyed to the respective project image. GE Lighting Products featured in each image must be noted in the respective image caption. GE product descriptions will not go against the word-count limitation. In total, the combined captions should comprehensively describe the project in 3500 characters, including spaces, or less. An additional 700-character (maximum, including spaces) project overview is also required (see #2 in Rules and Eligibility).
- Captions should indicate references to specific light sources along with reasons for their selection and should describe the lighting system depicted in each photo by emphasizing the judging criteria (see #4 in Rules and Eligibility for details).
- A credit line and signature for each photographer used for the submitted project images (see Entry Form). The credit line should comprise the photographer's preference in format and content, for the purpose of identifying that photographer's work in published materials (example: "ABC Photography, Ltd"). Each project image must include clear reference to the photographer who should be credited for taking that photograph.