Information regarding the 2012 GE Edison Award competition is provided here only for reference.
Entries for the 31st Annual GE Edison Awards competition will be due by 5pm EST on January 20, 2014.
*NEW - 2-year window *
Eligible projects are those completed after 01 January 2012 and that employ significant use of GE lighting products, including, but not limited to, GE LED systems, LED luminaires, LED architectural products, LED lamps and modules, lighting controls and non-LED lamps and luminaires ("GE Lighting Products").
Watch this site for upcoming details for the 2013 competition.
Image quality is critical to the judging process. Direct digital photography by a professional, commercial photographer is not required, but would ensure high-quality images to best portray the work, especially for large-projection output and printed media. TIFF files are preferable.
- Up to ten (10) digital images of the completed installation with captions/keyed descriptions.
- Format: TIFF, PSD or JPEG (no text within image; TIFF format preferred)
- Camera Quality: 6 megapixels (minimum)
- Dimensions: Approximately 1200 x 1200 pixels (tallest or widest dimension should be at least 1200 pixels)
- Resolution: 300 dpi (minimum)
- Medium: Upload to Web-based entry site
- Naming Convention: Must be named to identify the title of the project and then also numbered to agree with the keyed description. Example: cleveland001.tif, cleveland002.tif
- Avoid photographic fill light; however, if fill light is necessary, it must be clearly stated in the captions/keyed description (#4 below).
- Images with daylighting and work that was not that of the submitting designer should also be identified clearly (see #4 below). Retouched or digitally-enhanced photographs are not allowed.
- A caption describing each image, clearly keyed to the respective project image. GE Lighting Products featured in each image must be noted in the respective image caption. GE product descriptions will not go against the word-count limitation. In total, the combined captions should comprehensively describe the project in 3500 characters, including spaces, or less. An additional 700-character (maximum, including spaces) project overview is also required (see #2 in Rules and Eligibility).
- Captions should indicate references to specific light sources along with reasons for their selection and should describe the lighting system depicted in each photo by emphasizing the judging criteria (see #4 in Rules and Eligibility for details).
- A credit line and signature for each photographer used for the submitted project images (see Entry Form). The credit line should comprise the photographer's preference in format and content, for the purpose of identifying that photographer's work in published materials (example: "ABC Photography, Ltd"). Each project image must include clear reference to the photographer who should be credited for taking that photograph.