Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest.
The 2014 GE Edison Awards competition is now closed.
Please visit again in early May for a complete list of winners.
The 2014 GE Edison Award competition is open to those lighting professionals who creatively employ significant use of GE lighting products, including, but not limited to, GE LED systems, LED luminaires, LED architectural products, LED lamps and modules, lighting controls and non-LED lamps and luminaires ("GE Lighting products") in a lighting design project completed during the 2013 and 2014 calendar year (from 01 January 2013 through 31 December 2014). Entries must be submitted online using our Web-based entry process. Also required: a Photography Release Form, complete with required signatures which must be received for the entry to be considered complete.
Congratulations to Robert Shook, Maureen Mahr, Jennifer Curtis and Kimberley Corbett-Oates of Schuler Shook (Chicago, Illinois, USA) for winning the 2013 GE Edison Award for lighting City Performance Hall in Dallas, Texas, USA. A personalized Steuben crystal was presented by GE Lighting on June 2, 2014 in Las Vegas, USA.
- The Rules and Eligibility and 2014 GE Edison Awards Call for Entries form part of these terms and conditions. Your entry in this competition constitutes an agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and all other rules of the competition. GE reserves the right to reject entries that attempt to modify such rules in any way. This competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA.
- GE reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this competition or cancel the competition. This offer shall be invalid in any states, countries, territories or jurisdictions where it would be illegal. GE reserves the right to not make an award in one or more categories
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the judges' decision. The judging panel shall be comprised of at least one independent lighting professional and one GE representative.
- Winners of the 2014 GE Edison Awards of Excellence, Awards of Merit, Awards for Environmental Design and Award for Residential Design shall be notified by mail, e-mail, and/or telephone Mid-March 2015. The 2014 GE Edison Award Winner, selected from among the winners of Awards of Excellence, shall be announced at a special awards ceremony the eve of LightFair International in New York, New York, USA on 4 May 2015.
- The GE Edison Award Winner shall receive the 2014 GE Edison Awards, comprising a trophy and publicity as described in the 2014 GE Edison Awards Call for Entries, and will be required to participate in publicity on behalf of GE; entry constitutes permission to use the winners' names for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation or consent.
- Each winner must provide proof of identification upon request of GE.
- Copyright or trademark rights in entry submissions (including photographs) and rights of use of such entry submissions (including photographs) may be retained by entrants, provided, however, that entry in the competition constitutes an agreement from the entrants and photographers that GE, its successors, and assigns have a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right and license to reproduce, publish and otherwise use all entry materials, architectural images and photographs. Photographers will receive credit for their work, but will not receive any compensation for reproduction, publication or other uses of architectural images or photographs.
- GE shall not be liable for any failure whatsoever to provide the prize as a result of any force majeure or supervening circumstances.
- All entries should be submitted via our Web-based entry process. Entries submitted in any other format may be rejected.
Please refer to the full Rules and Eligibility, Entry Form (Web-based), Submitting Images and Call for Entries.